Charles L. Weber Jr.
- Sole practitioner
Charles Weber is an experienced criminal defense attorney serving clients in both state and federal courts in Charlottesville and the surrounding counties in central Virginia. However, before embarking on a career in the law, he completed a career as a military officer.
He was commissioned an Ensign in the United States Navy through the Navy Reserve Officer Training Corps at the University of Virginia in 1968 and was designated a Naval Aviator in 1969.
Over the course of is twenty-seven (27) year career, he logged over 4100 flight hours, 950 carrier landings and 133 combat missions in Viet Nam. He graduated from the U. S. Navy Test Pilot School, conducted flying qualities, performance and weapon systems testing on a variety of high performance jet airplanes and remains a lifetime member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots.
He was selected to command Fighter Squadron 154, a carrier-based F-14 Tomcat squadron; Training Air Wing One, an advanced jet training base in Meridian, Mississippi; and the Reserve Officer Training Corps at the University of Virginia. He also served as the F-14 program requirements officer for the Chief of Naval Operations and as the principal aviation program analyst for the Secretary of the Navy.
During the course of his career, he also earned a Master of Science degree in Systems Management from the University of Southern California.
He retired from active duty in 1995 with the rank of Captain and immediately began his second career by enrolling in the University of Virginia School of Law.
Mr. Weber was admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 1998 and opened his office as a sole practitioner focusing on all aspects of constitutional criminal defense. Over the past two decades, he has represented over 1800 clients through all stages of the criminal justice process from the initial arrest through the trial and, if necessary, to a final appeal to the Virginia Supreme Court.
Mr. Weber has the experience, the character and the judgment you can count on.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Military Law
- Assault and Battery
- Construction Fraud
- Aviation Law
- Habeas Corpus
- Appellate Practice
- Malicious Wounding
- Unlawful Wounding
- License Restoration
- Property Seizures and Forfeitures
- Underage Drinking Violations
- Virginia, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2017
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Juris Doctorate - 1998
- University of Southern California
- Master of Science: Systems Management - 1978
- United States Naval Pilot School
- Post Graduate Studies: Aeronautical Engineering - 1974
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Bachelor of Science: Chemistry - 1968
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Criminal Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (VADCL)
- The Federalist Society
Past Employment Positions
- Captain U.S. Navy, Designated Naval Aviator, 1968 to 1995